|by Joni Modaff, Office Coordinator|
While the term "customer service" means something different to each individual, I have found that these 5 Best Customer Service Tips to help achieve customer satisfaction:
1. Anticipate the Needs of the Customer - put their best interest first
2. Greet with a Smile - a friendly handshake or greeting goes a long way
3. Make Time for the Customer - prioritize their needs
4. Make Customers Feel Comfortable - address by first name and get to know their expectations
5. Be Accountable when Mistakes Occur - rectify situation quickly, professionally and with an apology
In any type of field or career, the above tips will help build a strong relationship with customers that will keep them coming back. I had the opportunity to see how much of a difference strong customer service made from the other side of the desk when my ailing uncle needed to go into a nursing home. We had to a find a place that would be best for all his needs, as well as make sure we felt comfortable with the various staffing personalities. The place we chose made my uncle feel right at home with their warmth and exceptional service. Needless to say, I would recommend the facility.
Referrals are the best compliment an individual or a place of business can receive, and I take pride in creating an environment that makes people comfortable to suggest their friends and family receive care from us. We do our best to incorporate all of these tips at Lakeshore Physical Therapy and continue to make our customer experience one that won't be forgotten!
CSM - The Magazine for Customer Service Managers and Professionals by Ian Miller